Basic life support ( BLS )
What is respiratory and cardiac arrest?
Respiratory Condition: Due to the respiratory movement stopping, the body is deprived of the oxygen it needs to live. If artificial respiration does not start immediately, a period of heart failure occurs.
Heart Palsy: The conscious person is unable to get a pulse from a large artery. If cardiac arrest is not interrupted within 5 minutes, brain damage will occur because the oxygenation of the tissues will be impaired. The absence of respiration in the person, the consciousness being closed, the absence of movement and the response to stimuli are symptoms of heart failure.
What is Basic life support ( BLS ) Certification Support?
After saving the life with the aim of airway clearance, breathing has stopped and no life signs (no movement, cough, coloring, percent bloom …), oxygen to the lungs with artificial respiration; with external heart massage is also drug-free interventions made to pump blood from the heart. When starting a basic life support, if there is someone in the vicinity, 112 should be searched immediately. In drowning and traumas, the first assistant alone should call for help after 5 rounds (30/2 = 1 turn).
bls for healthcare providers In infants and children, if there is a person in the vicinity, 112 should be searched immediately. The first assistant alone should call for help after 5 rounds of basic life support. Because the problem of breathing in infants and children is the front plan.
What is Life Saving Chain?
The life-saving chain consists of 4 rings. The last two rings belong to advanced life support and are not the task of the first deputy.
1. Ring – Notifying the health establishment,
2. Ring – Basic Life Support at the scene,
3. Ring – the interventions made in ambulance crews,
4. Ring – Hospital emergency services.
What is ABC of First Aid?
Consciousness should be controlled, if consciousness is closed, the following should be assessed rapidly.
A. Assessment of airway openness,
B. Evaluation of respiration (Look-Listen-Feel),
C. Assessment of circulation (watch for signs of viability).
How is the head – chin position to open the airway?
The respiratory tract should be checked during conscious offs. Because the tongue may slip backwards or any foreign matter may clog the respiratory tract. The patient is given a head-to-chin position after being checked and cleaned.
• One hand is placed on the forehead.
• The other hand’s two fingers are placed in the jaw.
• The head is pushed backward by pressing the receiving edge and lifting it from the chin.
• Thus, the airway opening is provided by moving the tongue from the tongue.
How to Perform Artificial Respiration in Adults
After the airway of the wound has been opened, the respiration is evaluated by the Look-List-Feel method. At the same time the life statement is observed. Is it moving? Bruised? etc.
If there is no respiration and viability statement, Basic Life Support starts.
If there is no normal breathing (no breathing or insufficient and irregular), artificial respiration starts immediately.
Mouth breathing artificial respiration
• Head-to-chin position is given first to the wounded.
• A hand is closed with the head and index fingers and nose wings so that no air can escape.
• The first assistant grasps the wound with its mouth so that the air does not come out.
• The patient is blown twice in the mouth, each of which lasts for one second, with 400-600 ml of air going to the lungs.
• The air given in this way has enough oxygen (16-18%) to protect vital organs.
Artificial respiration in the mouth
• In situations such as jawblocking in infants and adults, artificial respiration should be done by blowing air from the mouth.
• The first assistant may use tools such as a thin cheesecloth, gauze during artificial respiration to protect himself
How to make artificial respiration in children (1-8 years)
• The child is given a head-chin position first.
• After the child’s airway is turned on, breathing is assessed by the Look-List-Feel method.
• If there is no respiration and viability statement, Basic Life Support starts.
• Artificial respiration is performed by mouth – by mouth or mouth – by mouth and nose technique and by the age and size of the child.
• Artificial respiration is started by blowing air twice.
How to make artificial respiration in babies (0-1 years old)?
• Consciousness control is performed by tapping lightly on the baby’s heel.
• After the baby’s airway is opened, breathing is evaluated by the Look-List-Feel method.
• To open the respiratory tract, give the baby a head-to-chin position (the baby’s head is slightly pushed).
REPRESENTING MORE THAN PERCEPTIONS BREAKING THE RESPIRATORY WAYS TO CREATE NEGATIVE RESULTS THAT GIVES A LITTLE LITTLE IMPORTANT!
• When artificial respiration is being initiated, the first assistant should place his or her mouth over the baby’s mouth and nose.
• Artificial respiration begins by airing five times each for one second.
• The setting of the blower should be based on the movements of the baby’s chest. No more air should be blown from the child’s lungs.
How is External Heart Massage done in Adults?
If there is no consciousness and breathing sign, external heart massage is started by depositing on a hard floor.
Age is an important factor in making basic life support. Ventricular fibrillation is the leading cause of death in a middle-aged or older patient. In such a case, the 112 team that came to the scene may increase the chances of defibrillating the patient. For this reason, it is extremely important to search 112 quickly.
When starting a basic life support, if there is someone in the vicinity, it should be prompted 112 immediately or the first assistant should call himself. If you are the first assistant in drowning and trauma, after 1/2 of the 30/2 cardiac pressure and artificial respiration application are repeated 5 times, 112 will be called itself. The first assistant alone should call for help after 5 rounds of basic life support. Because the problem of breathing in infants and children is the front plan. Heart pressure should be done in the middle of your chest.
Both hands are formed with two equal “C” with the head and index fingers. A hand finger is placed on the lower end of the finger pad, and the other finger is placed on the finger tip. The thumbs are joined in the middle. With one hand raised, put the ball on the other thumb. The elfin ball must be above the full faith board. Being in the front or back can cause the ribs to break. Both fingers are twisted and care must be taken not to touch the patient. The hands must be kept constant. The elbows and shoulders should be held flat to the body of the patient / wound. With body weight, compression is applied in a rhythmic compression-relaxation manner so that the ribs bones collapse 4-5 cm (from the side to 1/3 of the chest height). Adults should be given 100 compressions per minute.
Out-of-heart massage, in infants under 1 year; with two fingers just below the nipple line in the breastbone, with the breastbone collapsing in 1-1.5 cm. In children until 1-8 years; (like 1/3 of the chest height when viewed from the side). Artificial respiration and external heart massage are applied together with one or two first aid in adults, baby and child as 30/2. This is called 1 round. Basic life support should be maintained without interruption until the life description of the injury or a health professional trained in this regard.
How to Make External Heart Massage in Children (1-8 Years)
The heart massage is done with one hand pressing. The point is determined as if it is in adults. In older children, if the pressure of one hand is inadequate, the treatment is performed as in adults. In children, 100 presses per minute are applied. The most effective way is to have the chest cavity collapse 2.5-5 cm (1/3 of the height of the chest when viewed from the side), so that it will be 30/2 with one or two first assistants in children.
How to Make Out Heart Massage in Babies (0-1 Age)
Assuming an imaginary line between the baby’s two breasts, a midline breastbone is detected just below this line. The heart massage is started by pressing two fingers here. The heart massage is done in such a way that the breastbone will collapse 1-1,5 cm. 100 presses per minute are applied to babies. Infants also have heart massage and artificial respiration as 30/2.